Tuesday, May 3, 2011

getting into a routine


well, i've officially been a SAHM for a little over a month now, and we are loving every minute of it! we have gotten into a pretty nice routine around here and i just thought i would share it today... (this is our typical day monday thru friday)

6:30 am - i get up with jamie to fix his lunch and start cleaning up the kitchen, start some laundry, etc...

7:30 am (ish) - one, or both, of the boys wakes up and we start our day...diaper changes, put on some clothes, grab some chocolate milk for noah and warm formula for jonah, jonah usually eats breakfast early, but noah is rarely ever ready for breakfast this early

8:00 am - we try to be in the car headed to the gym before 8:15 (except Wednesdays..that's the off day!)

9:30 am - we leave the gym and head back home, noah eats breakfast and jonah usually falls asleep for his morning nap somewhere around 10:00, noah likes to watch a movie while I take my shower and get ready

11:30 am (ish) - jonah wakes up and we prepare lunch, boys play in the living room or kitchen while i cook and clean up the kitchen again! (this seems to be a never-ending process!)

12:30 am (ish) - try to get noah to take a nap...sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't...lately he doesn't want to go down until around 2 and that makes for a VERY LONG NIGHT! jonah also likes to take an afternoon nap, sometimes they nap at the same time, other times not...

afternoon - we play, color, paint, go outside for a walk, play in the backyard (when it isn't a giant puddle), go to the park, run errands, etc... the afternoons get really long sometimes and I'm still searching for creative things for us to do together...noah wants to watch movies alll day long and i'm just not up for that...i try to limit it to a movie or two in the am, but in the afternoon i like to shut off the tv and just have music playing

5:30 pm - jamie gets home, we have dinner, then he leaves for his workout

7:30 pm - bath and pj time, brush teeth, comb hair, and lotion 'em up! i just love the way they smell and feel after a bath!

8:30 pm - bedtime! jonah goes down pretty easy, he sleeps in the boys' room, in noah's old crib since it was lowered to the floor nearly and he continues to stand up in it! noah is a little more difficult. he sleeps in the guest room now because he kept climbing out of his crib, took him 2 years but he finally figured it out! so i usually lay down with him, we pray and sing several songs (he loves to sing along with everything! its so cute to hear him sing "This Little Light of Mine" or "Jesus Loves Me" or even a goofy, made up song "Whatcha Doing on the Moon"...i need to record him doing this song..the lyrics are funny. my mom and her sister made it up when they were younger and mom used to sing it to us to make us laugh. now i sing it to the boys and noah just loves it!

Whatcha Doin on the Moon?
(adult sings first line and child repeats)
Whatcha Doin on the Moon?
Whatcha Doin on the Moon?
Nothing much, nothing much.
Nothing much, nothing much.
Just pickin' at my nose.
Just pickin' at my nose.
Have you seen a rose?
Have you seen a rose?
No, I haven't yet.
No, I haven't yet.
I bet, I bet, I bet, I bet
I bet, I bet, I bet, I bet
So I'll end this now.
So I'll end this now.
Howdy, howdy, howdy, how.
Howdy, howdy, howdy, how.
Do do do, ahhhhh.
Do do do, ahhhhh.

this last part is Noah's personal favorite! :) he has a really hard time saying 'howdy', but it's adorable!
my big boy! april '11

No comments:

Post a Comment