Monday, June 8, 2009

my weight loss endeavor

3 weeks ago i started a weight loss program, along with my husband's family...my hubby is the only one so far to not jump on board. the program is called Let's Lose and it focuses on eating healthier as a lifestyle change. at my first week weigh in i lost 5.2 lbs!!! then at my 2 week weigh in i lost another 1.5 lbs!! so that's a total of 6.7 lbs!! in just 2 weeks!!!  i go for my 3rd weigh in tomorrow!!!
while on the Let's Lose program there are a few rules you must follow:
#1 you must eat 3 meals a day + 2 high protein "snacks"
#2 you must use the supplements (2-3 per day) provided by Let's Lose..high protein shakes, bars, "snacks"
#3 you must drink at least 8, 8 oz glasses of water per day
#4 avoid salt!
#5 avoid sugar!
#6 avoid caffeine!  (i haven't had a coke in 3 weeks!! this is HUGE for me!!)

there are other rules as well, but i think these are the biggies...and so far these have been doable! i never realized how dehydrated i was until i started drinking tons and tons of water a day! now i know that my body needs it and i feel amazing! while i feel so great that i've been able to follow all of these rules it's rule #7 that is killing me...

#7 you must exercise for 30 minutes 3 days a week

exercise is my weakness, my hard spot. i have a really hard time getting out there and exercising without lots of encouragement and motivation...so last night i bought the new EA Active Personal Trainer for the Wii! i haven't tried it yet but i am going to tonight!!!

wish me good luck!

i'll try to keep up with my weight loss and fitness progress on here! maybe it will encourage ya'll to get active and start eating healthier too!!


1 comment:

  1. ditto!!!! exercising is the one that I just can't get motivated to do...it's so hot and uncomfortable! lol

    ReplyDelete