Thursday, March 19, 2009

blame it on the hormones

noah milton - october 21, 2008 (about 7 hours old)
what happened to this little boy?? where, oh where did he go?? when did my little 6 lb 13 oz bundle of wrinkles and cuteness turn into a whomping 16 lb chatty, chew toy obsessed, hair pulling kid??
noah milton - march 2009 - almost 5 months old

i'm in tears right now just thinking about these last 5 months...my life has changed so radically since little noah came into it. and i am SO thankful to God for bringing him to me! what a precious little miracle he is. every day he is learning (we're gonna start sign language soon!), and playing, and laughing...and he's so healthy! He is such a blessed baby!

i am so blessed to be home with him so much during the week, but i can't help but feel jealous of those moms who are home 24/7 with their kiddos. i know that everyday i am away from him i am missing perfect smiles, and new noises, and poopy diapers (of course i'm glad to leave that last one up to someone else...LOL!)  But i love my job...i love my career. i wouldn't trade it for the world and i know that by working i am making a better life for noah and our family. 

okay, sorry for that...sometimes i just get weepy...i'm still blaming it on pregnancy hormones. is that okay to do, even though i had my baby almost 5 months ago? haha...Beth Moore says that most women list hormones as the "hardest part about being a woman." (Esther: It's Hard Being a Woman Bible Study)

Thank you Jesus for giving me a healthy, happy baby boy! Thank you for blessing our family so abundantly!! Thank you for teaching me to be a good mommy. Help me to make the most of my time with him while he's a baby. Make our time together precious and special. Help me to not envy stay-at-home moms. Give me joy overflowing for the fact that You placed me in a job that I love!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much he's changed! He is adorable! Sign language is fun! Piper did it & she still does it alot now even though she can say the words now. It's really neat! It goes by way too fast! You have a beautiful little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh - i think our hormones are a part of our lives - even when we are menopausal!!God gives women loving hearts. i'm in tears just reading your post - and i have a 5 month old grandson whom i get to babysit two days a week! so i know where your heart so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kacee! I found your blog through PW and I've been lurking for a few weeks now. You're such a lucky lady to have met PW, MM and Bakerella. I am jealous! But, in a good way! :)

    Anyway, I so "enjoyed" this post because as another mommy, I was remember being where you are right now! I have a 2 1/2 year old son and remember all too well crying because "He's a week old! ALREADY!?" I think most mommies can relate to the ache your heart is experiencing letting go of the newborn "bundle of wrinkles and cuteness" But, as I'm sure you've experienced already, it does get even better the older they get, the more they can do, the more they can say, the more hugs & kisses (as slobbery as they are) THEY give to YOU! Embrace what lies ahead and take lots and lots and lots of pictures and video! You will not regret taking pictures of the everyday things. I get "picked on" for taking my camera with me to the grocery store, on our nightly walks, to the ER (yes, I took my camera to the ER), etc. but I don't want pictures of JUST birthdays and Christmas. I want to remember it all!

    I am a full time, 24-7 stay-at-home mommy. I hope it makes you feel better to know that there are those days where I wish I had a little "side" job. It's hard (if not impossible) to give your kiddos everything you have all the time. It's essential to have some YOU time to re-charge. You are so truly blessed to not only have a little "side" job, but a "side" job that you truly love. That's even better!

    God is good! :)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete