Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birthdays and Motivation!

{this photo is from January or February...he has really grown since then!! He just started crawling with his knees this past weekend and we went for his 9 month checkup on Tuesday...he is 19 # 5 oz and 30 inches...that's 25% for weight and 95% for height! Tall and skinny boy!! we love this little guy so much!!}


April is turning out to be such a great month!!! Not only did we decide that I would stay home with the boys, but it was also my 25th birthday last Friday! I had to be at a continuing education class all day Friday for dental hygiene, so Jamie drove down to Little Rock Thursday night and we stayed with our friends Charlie and Emily. This was so much fun because we realized we hadn't seen them since I was pregnant with Jonah (that's been about a year now!) Charlie is in residency program to be an ER doctor at UAMS and Emily is a teacher, working for a military base in Little Rock right now. They are great friends and it was so nice to catch up with them.
The trip also gave Jamie and I lots of great time to talk and we decided that it is finally time to really get in shape and start eating healthier...I did really good with Let's Lose after I had Noah, but when I got pregnant with Jonah I gained it all back! Jamie completely lacked the motivation to lose weight and get in shape with me back then and it really made it hard for me to stay motivated. This time we are in it together!!!! We really want to get in shape and be good role models for the boys, so we joined a gym and have started eating much better...cutting out all sugars (bye bye cherry Coca Cola, I miss you!) and eating a high protein, low carb diet and drinking TONS of water!!! Jamie's goal is to lose 100 pounds and I want to lose about 55 pounds...we started working out on Monday and we will do our weigh in next Monday! I'm excited to see how much I've lost this week..my goal is to lose between 2 and 2.5 lbs each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment