Thursday, January 29, 2009

just call me rudolph

well it's not strep throat...that's as much as i know. possibly a virus... dr. said "come back next week if you're still feeling bad and we'll start antibiotics" i don't want antibiotics, i want Mary Poppins to come to my house and pull something out of her carpet bag that will instantly turn my bright red nose back to a normal shade of pale ivory...lol...if only i could live in a disney movie.
i went in to work this morning but ended up turning right around and coming back home...i must have looked really really bad! 
the day wasn't all bad though...my mom came over early to take care of noah today and ended up taking care of me! sometimes a girl just needs her mom when she's sick.
**thank you Jesus for a sweet mommy who drove me to the doctor and cooked me lunch and looked after baby noah and let me sleep all day :) i love her**
then my wondermous in-laws came and snatched that baby up! they are so great, always looking out for me. jamie's parents always seem to know just what to do to make things easier/better. they brought me orange juice and meds and took noah home for the night, so i could get lots of rest! of course they only had me in mind...not that they weren't dying to spend some extra nana & papa time with noah ;) 

my goal for tomorrow: GO TO WORK! i've been in bed/on the couch since monday! ugh!

jamie is playing a new game (thank you michael) called MetalGearSolid...my voice sounds like the main character...his name is OldSnake. 

i should mention that this week hasn't been a total blow...while i've been resting on the couch jamie has been working so hard on our bathroom! we have a pretty, new faucet and a drain that drains! do you know how big of a deal that is?! you will if your drain ever stops draining...it's a biggie! i know jamie was proud of himself because he stood in the bathroom and just kept staring at his work after he was finished...he must have asked me at least 20 times if i thought it looked good! he's so cute! and yes, it looks GREAT! you did a great job honey and i love you!!

things jamie accomplished this week: 
new kitchen faucet (this actually led to another problem though), new bathroom faucet and plumbing, new shower head, new tub faucet and knobs, painted vanity and replaced knobs and handles

the house is really starting to come along now, the honey do list is slowly getting shorter, and hopefully it will only be another few weeks or a month before we can put it on the market!! we soooo want to move to Greenwood, but we know that if it isn't the right timing God will let us know!

nothing else to write about so i guess i'm stuck watching jamie snipe the enemy...borrrriiinnnnggggg...

sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment